The United States is in the midst of an economic crisis and global pandemic that has drained our nation’s resources. Cities are expected to face a $360 billion shortfall and 70% have received no aid from the CARES Act. Roughly 40 states are legally unable to run a budget deficit to continue essential services as their tax revenues collapse.
The ARCHES plan has been designed to build the bridge from where the United States is now to a more resilient, prosperous future for all Americans. ARCHES has the potential to garner support from both conservative and progressive governors and mayors from across the country, many of whom face massive fiscal shortfalls.
The centerpiece of ARCHES is a scalable and flexible framework for making simultaneous, large-scale essential investments in our healthcare system, economic recovery, and climate solutions. ARCHES would fund all of these new investments through a steadily increasing fee on climate pollution paid by corporate polluters rather than consumers.
Through ARCHES, our nation would mobilize $2.3 trillion by 2030.
The ARCHES plan uses 75 percent of new revenues for block grants to states and cities to spend locally to create heathy, clean, and thriving communities. The plan leaves 25 percent of funding available for the Congress to allocate on a combination of deficit reduction and new Federal investments in healthcare, climate action, and job creation.
Support State & Local Authorities
Support Federal Needs